Wednesday, July 28, 2010

43. Praise the Lord (Psalm 103:1-22).

by Wesley Blackburn

So, I have got to be honest. As I sit here this morning writing this entry, I opened up my to-do list and saw that it was entitled "Praise the Lord." Just being honest here... not quite yet in the mood to praise the Lord. I'm tired. I'm probably a little cranky. I'm stressed with several big tasks that I would just rather not want to do... ever.

But even reading this passage this morning really helped me to focus on what's important. It helped me to be thankful to the Lord for what He has done in my life. It reminded me that He loves me in an incredibly huge way beyond what I can even begin to imagine. That's a neat reminder.

Earlier this week, I had one day where as I woke up and got ready to face the day, I just really felt God putting on my spirit a reminder that sin has no power over me, that I am forgiven. For whatever reason, this song below was the one that just popped into my head all during that day:



To me, that's the framework that this psalm starts with and seeks to remind us of: we are forgiven and redeemed. And it's really a great framework for our lives. We are forgiven of our iniquity and healed of the disease of sin. We have been redeemed and given God's steadfast (love that adjective) mercy. As Psalm 103:5 states, "[God] satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." I think as believers, we've all felt the incredible renewing power of the Holy Spirit's presence in our lives.

Psalm 103 gives us some awesome reminders about God's incredible blessing and provision in our lives. Even when things aren't going my way, it will definitely serve as a reminder of who God is and what He has done for me, for you, for all of us... if we only let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment