Tuesday, June 22, 2010

17. The Burning Bush (Exodus 3:1-4:17).

by Jaci Sutter



Here it is, the day before my blog entry was due and I am finally sitting down to write it. I am very nervous, as this is a whole new journey for me. Not only have I never blogged before, reading the Bible is a whole new journey for me as well. I will give it a try though, so here it goes. I was happy that the story I got to read this week was a familiar one. I have seen this story every year in the "Ten Commandments" and also the award-winning Veggie Tales version "Moe and the Big Exit."

Exodus 3:1-4:17 is the story of when the Lord first appeared to Moses on the mountain in the form of a burning bush. He called to Moses, and told him how he was not happy with the way his people where being treated in Egypt. He asked Moses to go back to Egypt and ask the Pharaoh to free his people from slavery.


When I was reading these verses the first thing that stood out to me was Exodus 3:4. When the Lord appeared to Moses, it was not until Moses moved towards the Lord that the Lord called upon him. I think that the reason this spoke to me is because of how I live and have lived my life. I was always someone that believed in God. I was a "fan." I knew that God was there and I knew he listened to my prayers and forgave my sins. But it didn't go much further then that. It was not until I moved closer to God and my relationship with him that God started to work in my life.

I also liked how it seemed like Moses was thinking of reasons why he could not do what it was God was asking him to do. In Exodus 4:13, Moses just comes right out and asks the Lord to send someone else to do the task God has set before him. But God always came back with a answer to his question. It reminded me a lot of when we did the on the spot baptisms, remembering how Greg was stated all the reasons not to get baptized and then one by one, took all the excuses away.



What I am taking away from these verses is that the Lord has a plan and a journey for all of us. He will not leave us on this journey and he will always be there to help us when we need help!

No comments:

Post a Comment