Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Beyond Sunday - Let it Be Christmas: Revolution

...by Kevin McHugh

Hello to All and Happy New Year,

I really enjoyed another great visit to East Campus and I thought that Andy delivered a great message - perfectly timed with the arrival of a new year. Looking at my notes from Sunday, I find myself starting to think about this revolution Andy was talking about and wondering what it would look like if the people at Suncrest all completely joined God's revolution of love.

So God wants us to thrive, not merely survive. However I notice there are a lot more people in survival mode these days. The economy has put many out of work or reduced income, families are worried, and people are scared. Andy said that fear holds us down in survival mode. Romans 8:15 says "For you did not receive a Spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry Abba, Father." We believe that, so let's be revolutionary and live it!

God loves us and His Spirit walks with us at all times. Again from Romans, in 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him." and verse 31, "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

If everyone at Suncrest embraced the scripture Andy used in his lesson then, we would have a church full of highly confident people totally lacking in fear. But is this realistic? Doesn't our sin get in the way? I know my sin does, but I also know that this can be improved by following the greatest commandment - Love my God, and love one another. If we can all do that with all of our hearts, it would be truly revolutionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment