Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Scripture Study Resource: Examen.me

Well, we always try to use this blog to tell you about any cool Cultivate resources we've stumbled onto, and lately, I've been getting a lot of use out of Examen.me.

Examen.me is a great Scripture, journaling and prayer resource you can use every day as a devo or just as a way to study God's word and track your progress on the journey. After going to the website (www.examen.me), you can sign up for a free account. After you log in, you simply click on "start an examen," and you are taken to a page with several choices for study.

You can do a Scripture examen, which is a brief reading from one of the Gospels, the New Testament, the Old Testament, or the Psalms. After reading the brief Scripture passage a few times, you can write your thoughts, what you believe God is trying to say to you, and then even offer a prayer about what you are learning that day. The great thing about Scripture examens is at the end, you are asked to journal some ways in which you can take truth from Scripture and apply it to your life.

There are also prayer examens, which lead you through a guided prayer exercise where you can write out your own prayer responses. Finally, there's also a journal section, where you can just journal and write freely, interacting with God in your own personal way. The journal examen also gives you full access to any Scripture passage you'd like, in case you'd like to use that in conjunction with journaling.

All of your examens are saved and accessible at any point. So, 6 or 12 months down the road, I can look back and see my journey spiritually, discovering areas where I've grown and changed over time. If you'd like, you can download some of your previous examens to your computer for storage.

I've been using Examen.me for the past week or so as my own daily devo, and I really like it. I'm already online a lot anyway, so it's great to know that anytime I have a few free minutes to myself, I can shoot over to Examen.me and take some time to reflect on God's Word and cultivate my relationship with Him!

(You can check out Examen.me by clicking on this link or by simply going to www.examen.me.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post about EXAMEN.me. I am glad you are enjoying it, and sharing it with all your readers!

    Brent
    Founder: EXAMEN.me

    ReplyDelete