Thursday, October 22, 2009

Beyond Sunday - Servolution: In your bones

...by Beka Jackson

What am I passionate about? I have to honestly say I’m not sure anymore. I am one of those people who got caught up in living life and trying to keep on top of all the responsibilities that come with growing up. And even as I say that, I know the truth is that I haven’t thought about it; it’s not that I haven’t felt that stirring inside me when I hear about certain injustices or truths that need to be shared. If I am to be completely honest, I have just, in a very sad way, pushed it away, ignored it. I have said so many times over the past six years, “I will totally do that when all the kids are in school!” That is still another six years from now!

And so for the past couple days, I have begun to remember what I was like five years ago. And as I think about what I love to do I am reminded of how great it was when I was doing that very thing!
That’s a great place to be, but nothing has really changed for me yet. The easy part is to remember and wish, and dream, and think about all the ways I want to serve. The hard part is actually making it happen. I have four kids and everything that comes with a family to take care of everyday. It is not easy to rearrange life at this point. But I know that if God has gifted me with these passions and gifts so that I can make a difference in this world, so that I can help carry out His message of grace, then I can find a way to do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment