Thursday, April 22, 2010

Beyond Sunday - TXT: How to Read your Bible: The Gospel

...by Gordon Barker

I am continually amazed at how God uses Sundays to grow and re-center me and how thankful I am that the leaders at Suncrest use their gifts to help me on my way. Sunday was another great example.

Bobby and the worship team leading through one of my favorite songs “Your Grace is Enough”.

The words of Wes’s song “Ancient words ever true, changing me, changing you”.

Greg teaching us how to read the Bible in a more powerful way and Doug following that up with application and challenge.

I want to remember two challenges from Sunday morning; the first one is from Greg in the sermon outline:

What end am I more likely to use as a filter for how I live?
Personal Happiness or Advancing the Gospel

The second challenge came from Doug and Philippians 1:27 “Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ”. Doug’s challenge to us was “Is the story of my life worthy of the gospel and inspiring to others?”

These are tough ones. I guess if I am honest I have to answer that I usually let the business of life crowd out the most important things. My filter is probably “personal happiness first and advancing the gospel at times”. Is my life inspiring to others – I hope it is sometimes.

The real challenge for me is to not come away from these realizations defeated, but excited that “He who began the good work in me will carry it on to completion.” That’s God’s promise to me and to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment