Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Beyond Sunday - In the Shadows: Shadow of Hope

...by Kevin DeBraal

I find it hard to fully grasp the meaning of the resurrection. The sheer enormity and world changing impact of the sacrifice that Jesus made is difficult to comprehend and appreciate from my human viewpoint and understanding. God sent his son to suffer and die for our sins so that all who believe can have the hope of eternal life with him. That act seems pretty straightforward until you really think about it.

Do you live in that hope or are you lost in hopelessness?

The symbolism that Greg used regarding the boulder being moved from the grave and the stone representing the seemingly insurmountable struggles we all have, made me reflect on what “stones” I have. What hopeless feelings I have had when I have thought there was nothing I could do to change my situation. Is there anyone that has not experienced the weight of an insurmountable problem, the hopelessness that accompanies it, the lost feeling and the search for a way out?

I keep coming back to two of the verses Greg used.

In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Jesus replied, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”
Luke 18:27

Instead of futile searches for solutions to hopeless situations, I need to look to the Lord and trust Him and His life changing power.

When Greg used the stone to break the mirror that listed all the hopeless situations, it reminded me of God’s power to change our hopeless dilemmas. What is your “stone”? That struggle that you deal with every day that seems so big and unsolvable. The insurmountable “I can’t fix this problem”. The only solution is Jesus. He is the only one with the power to change your hopelessness. Belief in Jesus Christ, the sacrifice He made for you and that with Him anything is possible is the key.

Stop trying to beat your issues on your own and turn to the Lord, He has the power!

No comments:

Post a Comment