Wednesday, March 10, 2010

One Powerful Prayer.

One of the most powerful things that we can pray is simply, "God, transform my heart."

I began the month of February with the decision that I was going to pray that prayer every day this month. I don't know that I quite lived up to that goal, but I know that I came close. I think the heart is the most important thing in the life of any Christ follower. If anything, I want God to keep molding and shaping it in the ways that He sees fit. So I prayed.

And let me tell you, I think God answered.

It wasn't pretty. It saw me go through some mini-moments of crisis along the way. But I believe that I saw God work in my heart as I prayed that prayer. And to me, that's exciting, because my heart can be one of the coldest, deadest parts of my being at times. But now, looking back on the month of February, I believe that I can really say that I saw God make my relationship with Him more authentic. More genuine. More real.

So go ahead... I dare you. Ask God to transform your heart. I believe that something special will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment